Tuesday, October 26, 2010

What Should I Do?



When I first saw the newest Nike commercial featuring NBA Forward, Lebron James, I found myself thinking, "oh, not this guy again!"

Being a huge NBA fan, I wasn't the only person who had strong opinions about this summer's NBA free agency hype surrounding Lebron James. The 24 hour media circus that ended in a distasteful interview where he announced his final decision to join the already talented Miami Heat with hopes of winning an NBA championship, didn't sit well with me and most NBA fans around the world.

All that being said, I have to admit this commercial is very thought provoking. It basically centers around the reaction towards his decision and what people expected him to do. What everyone else thought was the right and wrong thing to do. How everyone had an opinion about which direction would've been in his best interests.

At the end of the day, we have to live with our own choices. Whether they panned out to be the "right" or "wrong" choice, it's what WE decided at the that time. Everyone has there own agendas and most of us make certain decisions based on our current situation or circumstance.

We all grow up being taught that poor choices bring poor results. But do good choices always bring good results?

In my personal and professional life, I mostly make decisions and choices that I feel have the most favorable outcomes. That's all I can hope for! Anything more than that, not only exceeds my expectations, but the expectations of the people around me. These people are most likely the ones who I seek approval from and praise me for making a difference that truly counted in their lives and ultimately my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment